Looking for a Read more [...]
Coldharbour Mill is one of the oldest and best preserved working woollen mills in the UK producing high quality yarn and fabrics since 1797. Originally owned by world-renowned textile producers Fox Brothers, the Mill took fleece from all over the world and transformed it into yarn, cloth and textiles. Today it is recognised as one of the finest and best preserved working woollen mills in the UK largely untouched since Victorian times. Now run as a charity we are focussed on protecting and sharing this important piece of industrial heritage both now and for future generations.
- Coldharbour Mill Yarn and Fabrics We offer a wide range of knitting yarns and fabrics all produced at the mill using heritage machinery and methods largely unchanged since the industrial revolution.
- Visit us The Mill is open from Easter to the end of October. We also run regular Steam Days when we run the original steam engines.
- Group visits We cater for a wide range of interests from industrial and military history, to weaving, spinning and wool craft. Visitors can discover the Mill at their own pace or we can arrange a tailored tour with one of our trained tour guides.
- Education We have an established and award winning Education programme that has proved to be a very rewarding and enjoyable experience for the many thousands of visiting children from schools, further and higher education establishments. We also offer hand weaving workshops.
- Café Our waterside café offers a wide selection of hot and cold snacks and a perfect place to meet. No admission to the mill required.
- Volunteering at the mill Every year our volunteers help to keep Coldharbour Mill open and care for the Mill. If you would like to join us we would like to hear from you – whether you love steam, enjoy gardening or would like to help for a few or a lot of hours we would love to hear from you.
10% off all tickets bought online at www.coldharbourmill.org.uk
Click here to see our 'What's On' page https://www.coldharbourmill.org.uk/whats-on/