Join the BHBA today!
Now is an exciting time to join the Blackdown Hills Business Association!
Membership is open to all businesses within the award winning Blackdown Hills and the surrounding market towns and villages. Whether you live in the region, your business operates within the hills or your services support the communities within the Blackdown Hills. You are invited to join our rewarding membership portfolio and take advantage of the exclusive membership benefits and exciting events that take place all year round.
The vision has always been to help achieve a vital, vibrant, successful and sustainable economy within the Blackdown Hills, with the purpose to provide a relaxed and supportive environment in which businesses serving the Blackdown Hills can learn, connect and grow together.
We are delighted to welcome new members all year round, but why not sign-up now and take advantage of full membership right up to 31 March 2017. Many of our members have belonged to the BHBA for over 20 years or more!
Membership of the Blackdown Hills Business Association is £50 per year.
To sign-up please complete the MEMBERSHIP FORM HERE and return to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to BHBA, St Ivel House, Station Road, Hemyock, Devon, EX15 3SJ.
If you have any questions at all please call Claire Stepney on 07826 581365.
BHBA annual membership subscription fee is £51.50 if you join through PayPal (this includes a £1.50 Paypal administration fee), to subscribe through PayPal, please click below.
Benefits of membership
Please find below some of the membership benefits being offered by the BHBA:
1. Promotion of local businesses at shows such as the Blackdown Hills marquee at the Honiton Show which takes place on first Thursday of August. In 2015, we received over 7,000 visitors through our marquee! We are now taking reservations for our 150ft marquee at the Honiton Show on Thursday, 6th August 2016. Pitches started from approximately £85, please go to the Markets and Shows page for more details of our events in 2015.
Dulford Nurseries take a 6 metre pitch every year - a spectacular display ...
2. Discounted Blackdown Hills Directory listing for all members. In 2015, 25,000 copies were distributed by Royal Mail to 11 postcodes in the area. Members paid £45 for a listing (this includes a £20 member discount). The directory is also available on-line.
3. The BHBA website is updated regularly and as well as providing business news and details on a full range of organisations providing business information and advice for your business, the website includes a members' list with links to your website and a photo to help increase the visibility of your business. All we need from you when you join is 25 words describing your business services and then we can start advertising your business for you on both the members' list and online in the Blackdown Hills Directory.
4. We regularly hear about grants, free or discounted workshops or advice sessions through our partners e.g, Cosmic, the Business Information Point and Making it Local. Members regularly feedback on the quality and how valuable the workshops and advice sessions have been. Don't forget to let us know if you have any business query, we can usually identify a business or organisation that can help you.
5. The BHBA holds regular meetings and socials, usually at member establishments, to enable you to network with your fellow businesses, so that you can do business, learn from each other, share and identify mutual support projects. We are always delighted to find new high quality venues on our doorstep! Tourism businesses regularly meet in low season. We now have a new Women in Business Group that is meeting regularly. See the 'Events' pages for details of the next event.
This year we held our AGM in October 2015, at the Monkton Court Hotel near Honiton. Many thanks to Jenny, Colin and John for hosting this event.
In 2016, we have more tailored events for business.
6. Member businesses receive regular enewsletters and tweets. This includes business news, opportunities and business profiles as well as forthcoming events news to help us all keep in touch with what is going on in the region. Every enewsletter is tweeted and we support our members when we can, by retweeting their news!
7. Blackdown Hills Markets and Christmas Markets at Castle Green, Taunton from as little as £20 are now running regularly starting regularly on Saturdays in March through to December! See Markets & Shows for more details....
Blackdown Hills Market at the Christmas Festival 2015, we start again in March 2016...
8. BHBA members benefit from a 10% advertising discount in the View From the Blackdown Hills - circulation 8,000. To advertise in the View from The Blackdown Hills
✔ 8,000 copies distributed every month
9. The BHBA has close links with business groups in the region such as the Federation of Small Businesses, Chambers of Commerce in East Devon, Exeter and Somerset. We often hold joint events and reciprocal links with these groups.
10. We have held representations on numerous partnerships over recent years including the Heart of Devon and forums (e.g. East Devon Business Forum and Mid Devon Business Forum). We also work closely with our associates in the Blackdown Hills AONB and local interest groups as well as associates in the East Devon AONB. We are also represented on the forum of the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership.
Member of the BHBA Badge
As a member of the BHBA, you can display a Member of the BHBA badge on your website. If you would like one of these just contact Claire Stepney at the BHBA on 07826 581365 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our events soon!
Join the BHBA today!